Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What A Great Start!

Last Sunday's first attempt to round up the jazz die-hards of Malaysia brought some 40 over people to The Top Room, all eager to hear what the JAM's about. And needless to say, a lot happened that evening. A Pro-Tem Committee is in place, headed by President: David Gomes, Vice-President: Michael Veerapen, Secretary: Junji Delfino, Asst Secretary: Mohamed Nissar and Treasurer: Albert Yap. This Pro-Tem Committee will be responsible for preparing all the necessary documentation, including drafting the JAM Constitution, for submission to the Registrar of Societies (ROS).

For the Association to be recognized on a national level, we are required to submit 7 names representing 7 different States in the country. Hence, following is our magic 7:

DAVID GOMES (Selangor)
MICHAEL VEERAPEN (Kuala Lumpur)
TAY CHER SIANG (Malacca)
CHEAH WEI LI (Alor Setar)
MIA PALENCIA (Sabah)
MICHAEL LU YIAN LOCK (Sarawak)
WILSON QUAH (Penang)

Other Committee members nominated into the Pro-Tem include: Julian Chan, Tay Cher Siang, Cheah Wei Li, Mohd Sharin, Swithin Monteiro, Andrej Bastar, Charmayne Chong, Syaf Selamatt... am I missing anyone?? (:-( not a very good start for a Secretary now, isn't it?)

I am still going through the pages of minutes Nissar, Julian & I took down. I had to rope Julian in just in case Nissar & I missed out on something important! And I have to confess, it was very easy to miss taking down some points because the discussions were quite interesting and, on a few occcasions, I did find myself listening to and watching the interaction before reality hit home and my brains started screaming: OI!!! TAKE THAT DOWN! TAKE THAT DOWN! Anyway, once I'm through deciphering the notes, I shall post it all here for all to see.

At the end of the meeting last Sunday, the Pro-Tem Committe has set this coming Sunday, 15/7/07 at 3 pm, for the round table discussions on what we will be setting down in our JAM Constitution. It will be at The Top Room which, incidentally, was also agreed to be JAM's "home" (thank you Mr & Mrs Danker for all you're doing for jazz)!

Here are a few snapshots from Adrian:





No comments: